We're currently looking for an experienced Technical Team Lead with iOS experience to join our company.
Having tripled in size over the last four years, Future Platforms has experienced significant growth and success. We pride ourselves in working with high-profile clients like Domino’s Pizza, First Group or EE which we have long-term, retained relationship with. We are planning to further expand this year, continuing to deliver forward thinking, best-in-class solutions for our existing and new client base.
We are delighted to announce the opportunity for someone who is passionate about software development on digital platforms and mobile technology to join our mobile development team.
Currently we use technologies such as Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, UIKit, Fastlane, CocoaPods and Jenkins, to name a few.
You will need to be a self-starter, enthusiastic and well organised. You will be responsible for leading a team of iOS, Android, back-end and QA specialists, being technical point of contact for our clients and third party suppliers and mentoring other developers. This is a hands-on role and you will help implement new features, liaising with our UX team to bring app designs to life and working closely with QA staff to ensure high-quality output.
You should be a proactive team member, showing resourcefulness and the ability to work through challenging problems. An experienced Team Lead who wants to grow and be part of talented team of developers, reporting into and working alongside our Head of Mobile to complete work of a high standard in a time sensitive environment.
We’ll want to hear all about what issues you’ve faced in the apps you’ve built, and how you learnt from them.
- Leading a team of iOS, Android, Back-end and QA specialists
- Working with a solution architect or separately to define the technical approach, for upcoming work with the team and involving the team in collaboration sessions
- Managing CI/CD, releasing builds and storing submissions
- Assisting Project Management team in defining priorities
- Being point of contact for clients and third party providers
- Actively participating in meetings where a technical contribution is needed
- Assessing quality of third party providers’ deliveries (e.g. API endpoints, SDKs)
- Line managing and mentoring iOS development team
- Helping identify problems and resolve issues
- Following company guidelines and documentation and contributing where necessary
- Improving processes and keeping up to date with iOS and technology
- Extensive experience with Objective-C/Swift and Xcode
- A good understanding of software tools
- Know your way around the command line
- Have implemented complex user interfaces and navigation flows
- Have experienced the full app lifecycle, from initial implementation through to debugging the live apps in the field, many times over
- Experience with:
- Continuous Integration Systems (e.g. Jenkins, CruiseControl)
- Project build tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle)
- Testing frameworks such as XCUITest
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Have led projects from a technical perspective and mentored junior staff members
- Knowledge of other programming languages e.g. Kotlin, will be beneficial
- Experience building apps for multiple platforms, either with parallel iOS/Android development or using cross-platform frameworks
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable being client facing at times
What we offer
- Quarterly bonus scheme (based on company performance)
- 28 days of holidays
- Training budget
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friendly open working environment
- Free breakfast
- Central London location
- Great clients
If this role is something you or someone you know might be interested in, please send your latest CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL CANDIDATES HAVE TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN UK.